Beach Closings - Stay connected using enotifications
Beach Closings- Connect with us to get the latest updates NEW—Sign up for E-notifications!
Eau Claire, WI, May 31st, 2016 – Get ready for summer! Before taking advantage of sunny weather at the beach, be sure you have up-to-date information about beach closings in Eau Claire County. Beach closing e-notifications are now available for easy, fast, and reliable updates to keep you and your family safe during summer fun.
Sign up for e-notifications by visiting the City of Eau Claire’s website and clicking on sign up for e-notifications—select beach closings.
Last week, the Environmental Health Laboratory began monitoring the level of bacteria in area beaches. In 2015, there were 15 beach closings in Eau Claire County alone. Although closings may change your beach day plans, they are for the safety of all beachgoers. Exposure to high levels of bacteria in the water can make you and your family sick.
For the latest beach safety news and tips:
- Sign up for beach closing e-notifications at http://www.ci.eau-claire.wi.us/about-us/sign-up-for-e-notifications
- Like the Eau Claire City-County Health Department on Facebook
- Follow us on twitter @echealthdept
- Check out our website at www.echealthdepartment.org
- Look for our new beach signs displayed at beaches when they are temporarily closed
Have questions about beach safety in Eau Claire County? Call us at 715-839-4718