Our vision is that every child experience success in caring families and nurturing communities that cherish children and teach them to value family and community. Our vision is guided by the fact that our decisions and actions affecting children today determine the quality of our life tomorrow.
The mission of the juvenile detention center is to protect the public by providing residents, family units, and communities’ leadership for change. The facility operates by creating legitimate, alternative pathways to adulthood through equal access to services that are least intrusive, culturally sensitive and consistent with the highest professional standards.
Visiting hours are 2pm-5pm and 6pm-9pm daily.
For your safety and security:
- There are no public restrooms available.
- No technology devices, hats, jackets, tobacco, lighters, pepper spray, weapons, Tasers, pocket knives, or ect. will be allowed into the facility.
- Articles deemed by staff to be dangerous are prohibited.
Prior to entering the facility you will be asked to:
- Put all personal property in lockers that are provided as a courtesy.
- Lock personal property in your vehicle as Eau Claire County will not be responsible for items lost or stolen from lockers.
- Present photo identification: we do not always recognize parents and guardians.
- Submit to a scanning by metal detector.
- No food, gum, candy or beverages may be given to residents.
- All minors accompanying visitors are the responsibility of that visitor. Young children should remain close to and supervised by an adult visitor for their safety. Disruptive minors will cause a visit to end.
- Persons thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be denied visitation.
- Visits may be monitored. Abusive and/or profane language will not be tolerated and will cause a visit to end.
Please check with any staff member before giving anything to a resident or if you have any questions.
Please remember that visitation is a privilege provided as a courtesy for those who comply. We expect your cooperation.