JUROR MESSAGE - April 6, 2020 to May 15, 2020
This message is for Eau Claire County residents who have previously received a qualification questionnaire for jury duty or notice of potential jury service from April 6, 2020 through May 15, 2020. These jurors will NOT be required to serve during that time frame.
Per mandate of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, all jury trials scheduled through May 22, 2020 have been cancelled. However, your name will be placed back into the pool of jurors for the 2020 jury year. Sometime before the end of the year, your name may be randomly selected to serve on a jury term. If that happens, you will receive a pre-summons in the mail with the dates given at that time.
General Information on Jury Service:
- Jury service is a civic duty; one of the highest duties in our Democratic system of government.
- State law protects your job. Your employer cannot fire you, demote you, threaten or intimidate you because of jury service.
- LENGTH OF SERVICE: Jury duty in Eau Claire County is for a two-week term.
- DO I GET PAID? Yes, every juror summoned is paid an amount set by the County Board. Jurors who serve are paid $25.00 for each day of attendance. Jurors who appear but do not serve on a trial will be paid $12.50. The mileage rate is 51 cents per mile for round trip mileage. This is the total miles from your home to the courthouse and then back home.
- WHAT SHOULD I WEAR? Remember that as a juror you will be performing one of the highest duties in our democratic system of government, and therefore you should dress appropriately for the occasion. Do not wear tank tops, cut-off shorts, sweatpants, halter tops or similar clothing. Please note that HATS are not allowed to be worn in the courtrooms.
- ITEMS TO LEAVE AT HOME: Please do not bring to court with you any of the following items: books, magazines, cell phones or electronic devices. Also, please no gum chewing, eating food or drinking beverages in the courtroom.
- Please be advised that you will be required to show a picture ID at the time you check in for jury duty.
- Jury Questions -- (715) 839-1868
- Updated Juror Message (available after 3:30 p.m. daily) -- (715) 839-1862
- Visit www.wicourts.gov.
- This is the Wisconsin Court System website
- Look for The Wisconsin Jury Handbook.
- Information is also available at this website for employers.
- If you would like to share your input about your experience, you may print and complete the Jury Service Questionnaire.
- Please mail, fax or drop off at the Clerk of Courts office.