Employees - 63
History of DepartmentThe department originated in 1911 following major changes in Wisconsin state highway law. The state appointed an acting Highway Commissioner for 1912 and the County Board elected the first Highway Commissioner in November, 1912. Staffing has ranged from a high of 110 in 1926 to the current staff of 63.
Mission Statement / Departmental PurposeThe purpose is to construct and maintain the county trunk highway system of Eau Claire County and to maintain, under contract, the state trunk highway system as well as some of the township highways located within the county.
Vehicle Registration Fee Projects
This map shows capital improvement projects within Eau Claire County that are funded by the Vehicle Registration Tax.
Check out the map here: Vehicle Registration Fee Projects
Work Zone Awareness
A video from the Wisconsin County HIghway Association:
- Eau Claire Highway Operations Policy and Procedures Manual
- Permits - Land Access Driveway, Utility, Oversize/Overweight Trip Application
- Eau Claire County Facebook Page
- Adopt A Highway Program
- Implements of Husbandry (IoH)
- Directional and Informational Signs (SIS) (TODS)
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation
- WI DOT Travel Information
- WI DOT Travel Map
- 2018 Eau Claire County ATV Trails
- Mailbox Installation and Safety
- ATV Route Application
- ATV Route Policy
- Construction Improvement Types
- 2018-2022 Highway Bridge Improvements Plan Theme Colors
- 2018-2022 Highway Bridge Improvements Plan