SNAP (Foodshare), Medical Assistance / BadgerCare Plus, and Child Care

GRC - new logoEau Claire County is one of 10 counties that make up the Great Rivers Consortium (GRC). The other counties included in the GRC are: Barron, Burnett, Chippewa, Douglas, Dunn, Pierce, Polk, St. Croix, and Washburn. All of these counties' customers can contact the Great Rivers Call Center to report changes to cases, check benefits, process eligibility, complete reviews, etc. Changes can also be reported online via

Great Rivers Call Center
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri: 8am-4pm
Wed: 8am-11am

Check out our FAQ's to answer some of the frequently asked questions. 

In an effort to enhance and simplify benefits management, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) and the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families launched the MyACCESS mobile app. With the MyACCESS mobile app, people are able to:

  • See a high-level overview of the programs they are enrolled in.
  • Receive reminders of actions they need to take or proof they need to submit.
  • Upload, submit, and track documents.

Need more information before downloading the mobile app?

MyACCESS Mobile App Webpage

MyACCESS Mobile App FAQ's Webpage

Promotional Video

myaccess app -spotlight (002) 


Benefits that may be available to you:

Child Care Assistance

Child Care Certification

Emergency Assistance

Medical Assistance

SNAP (Foodshare)

Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP)

Wisconsin Works (W2)


Other Helpful Information

Great Rivers Consortium Resource Guide (Updated 7/29/16)

Public Assistance Fraud Program



USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.

To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer