What is Medical Assistance / BadgerCare Plus?
Medical Assistance / Badger Care Plus are programs designed to provide health care coverage to income eligible individuals and families. Medicaid and Family Planning Only Services are also programs within the area of Medical Assistance.
How do I apply?
Individuals interested in applying can apply in the following ways:
- Contact the Great Rivers Call Center at 1-888-283-0012 Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri: 8am-4pm and Wed: 8am-11am
- Apply for benefits
- Report a change
- Complete a renewal
- Ask a question
- Online via ACCESS
- Changes can also be reported via ACCESS
- Apply using our paper application
- Apply in person during our Lobby Hours 7:30am-5pm
(The reception staff will register requests for assistance and give options on how customers can make an application.)
**ACA Open Enrollment Nov 1-Dec 15, 2018**
The Open Enrollment period for the health insurance marketplace is 6 weeks again this year. For 2019 coverage, consumers must renew or sign up for coverage by December 15.
- Consumers can dial 211 to connect to free enrollment help.
- Consumers can use the internet to schedule an appointment: http://www.coveringwi.org/enroll
- Consumers can reach an Enrollment Assister at 1-800-318-2596 to find the best plan for them and their budgets.
Consumers who want to shop on their own can look on the internet at www.Healthcare.gov and find local help there if desired.
How do I find out more?
To report changes, apply for benefits, complete renewals, or to check benefits contact the Great Rivers Call Center.
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri: 8am-4pm
Changes can also be reported online at www.access.wisconsin.gov.