"To provide a wide range of land planning and management services to the residents of Eau Claire County in a cost effective, courteous, efficient, and fair manner"
CREP targets high-priority conservation issues. In exchange for removing land from production producers are paid an annual rental rate.
The Eau Claire River watershed encompasses five different counties, three lake districts, and one lake association. Agriculture, forestry, and low-density residential development are the dominant land uses within the watershed, including large areas of public-owned forest lands.
Information regarding permitting requirements for projects regulated under Eau Claire County Code Title 17.
Landowners in designated Farmland Preservation areas who meet state soil and water conservation standards are eligible to claim an annual state income tax credit.
Over 90% of all drinking water in the Upper Midwest comes from groundwater sources. Let's work together to keep it clean for future generations!
The Eau Claire County Land Stewardship Program was established in 2010 as a framework to facilitate the protection and preservation of land tracts within Eau Claire County.
Nutrient Management (NRCS 590 Standard)
Nutrient Management is defined by 4 R's: Right Amount, Right Source, Right Placement, and Right Timing. Let Eau Claire County LCD help you make sure you've got all 4 covered!
Information regarding what pasture pumps are and how they are used.
Tree & Shrub Sales
In 30 years of annual tree sales, Eau Claire County LCD has sold over 1 Million trees! Get your order in today and help our forests grow!
Wetland Regulations Information
A listing of federal, state and local agencies that are able to answer questions regarding wetlands.
Wildlife Damage & Claims
The program provides damage prevention assistance and partial compensation to farmers when wild deer, bear, Canadian geese and turkeys damage their agricultural crops.
Wisconsin Deer Donation
Legally harvested deer can be dropped off at participating processors and the venison will be distributed to charitable organizations to help feed Wisconsin's needy.
- Private Landowners of Eau Claire County
- Eau Claire River Watershed Coalition Action Plan
- Lake Altoona District
- Lake Eau Claire Protection & Rehabilitation District
- Lake Eau Claire Association
- River Country RC+D
- WCWRPC – West Central WI Regional Planning Comission
- R2R - Rain to Rivers of Western Wisconsin
- Eau Claire County Town, Village, and City Governments
- Beaver Creek Reserve
- West WI Land Trust
- Lower Chippewa Invasives Partnership
- Eau Claire Area Chamber of Commerce
- DATCP – WI Dept. of Ag, Trade, and Consumer Protection
- DNR – WI Department of Natural Resources
- UWEX - University of Wisconsin - Extension
- WI Land + Water - WI Land and Water Conservation Association
- NRCS - USDA - Natural Resource Conservation Service
- FSA - USDA - Farm Service Agency
- USFWS – United States Fish and Wildlife Service
- NACD – National Association of Conservation Districts
- Wild Turkey Federation
- Pheasants Forever
- Trout Unlimited
Land Conservation Commission
Mandated by Wisconsin State Law, each county shall have a Land Conservation Committee/Commission and designates the membership. Its purpose is to preserve the soil and water resources of each county.
Land and Water Resource Management Plan
View the current Land and Water Resource Management Plan as approved by the Eau Claire County Board of Supervisors on December 4, 2012.
Land Conservation 2018 Annual Report