Programs & Services 

 Aid To Veterans

  • Contact Veteran's Service Office

Recently Discharged Veterans

  • Registration of DD-214 with the Register of Deeds office. Provides a permanent resource for certified copies when required in the future
  • Assistance with VA Medical Application
  • SGLI Conversions to VGLI
  • Establish State of Wisconsin (WDVA) Eligibility
  • Local area information and referral
  • Assist with applications for Federal/State Certification
  • Eligibility for federal home loans (State home loans are currently unavailable)
  • Assist with application for Service Connected Disability Compensation claims


  • Post-9/11 GI-Bill (remember that you must use your Federal GI Bill benefits with 15 years from date of discharge)
  • Wisconsin GI-Bill.


  • Veterans Nursing Homes at King & Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
  • VA Healthcare Enrollment
  • Non-Service Connected Disability Pension
  • Assist in applying for special programs
  • Assist in applying for awards and decorations
  • Assist in applying for military personnel/medical records and discharges

Health Care Benefits

  • VA Medical Care for Veterans. There are income and asset restrictions that apply.
  • Champus/Tricare Information
  • CHAMPVA claims for family members whose veteran died from Service Connected disabilities
  • Healthcare Aid Grant, a program for low-income veterans with few, if any assets, to assist with emergency healthcare needs.
  • Subsistence Aid Grant, a program for low-income veterans and dependents that provides temporary emergency financial aid when loss of income, because of illness, disability or death (all emergency financial resources must be exhausted).
  • Referral for other State, Federal and County Programs.

Time of Death

  • Burial Allowance for veterans who had service connected disabilities or were in receipt of VA Pension at the time of death, or died in a VA Facility, or the State Veterans Home at King, Wisconsin
  • Burial markers for any veteran. Federal government pays for the marker, but the family must pay for installation.
  • Registration for interment to Federal Cemeteries
  • Registration for interment to State Cemeteries
  • Burial Flag coordinated through local Funeral Homes
  • Presidential Memorial Certificates
  • State of Wisconsin Veterans Cemeteries. The Federal Cemetery is located at Ft. Snelling (Minneapolis). Northern Wisconsin Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Spooner, WI.
  • Flag holders
  • Death Indemnity Compensation available to the surviving spouse of a veteran who died from Service Connected Disabilities
  • Death Pension available to the surviving spouse of a war-time veteran, who is also low income

Other Services

  • Obtaining Military Records
  • Obtaining Military Awards/Decorations
  • Grave Registrations
  • Homeless Veterans Programs
  • Liaison between veterans organizations
  • Speaking Engagements for Organizations