Programs & Services
Aid To Veterans
- Contact Veteran's Service Office
Recently Discharged Veterans
- Registration of DD-214 with the Register of Deeds office. Provides a permanent resource for certified copies when required in the future
- Assistance with VA Medical Application
- SGLI Conversions to VGLI
- Establish State of Wisconsin (WDVA) Eligibility
- Local area information and referral
- Assist with applications for Federal/State Certification
- Eligibility for federal home loans (State home loans are currently unavailable)
- Assist with application for Service Connected Disability Compensation claims
- Post-9/11 GI-Bill (remember that you must use your Federal GI Bill benefits with 15 years from date of discharge)
- Wisconsin GI-Bill.
- Veterans Nursing Homes at King & Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
- VA Healthcare Enrollment
- Non-Service Connected Disability Pension
- Assist in applying for special programs
- Assist in applying for awards and decorations
- Assist in applying for military personnel/medical records and discharges
Health Care Benefits
- VA Medical Care for Veterans. There are income and asset restrictions that apply.
- Champus/Tricare Information
- CHAMPVA claims for family members whose veteran died from Service Connected disabilities
- Healthcare Aid Grant, a program for low-income veterans with few, if any assets, to assist with emergency healthcare needs.
- Subsistence Aid Grant, a program for low-income veterans and dependents that provides temporary emergency financial aid when loss of income, because of illness, disability or death (all emergency financial resources must be exhausted).
- Referral for other State, Federal and County Programs.
Time of Death
- Burial Allowance for veterans who had service connected disabilities or were in receipt of VA Pension at the time of death, or died in a VA Facility, or the State Veterans Home at King, Wisconsin
- Burial markers for any veteran. Federal government pays for the marker, but the family must pay for installation.
- Registration for interment to Federal Cemeteries
- Registration for interment to State Cemeteries
- Burial Flag coordinated through local Funeral Homes
- Presidential Memorial Certificates
- State of Wisconsin Veterans Cemeteries. The Federal Cemetery is located at Ft. Snelling (Minneapolis). Northern Wisconsin Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Spooner, WI.
- Flag holders
- Death Indemnity Compensation available to the surviving spouse of a veteran who died from Service Connected Disabilities
- Death Pension available to the surviving spouse of a war-time veteran, who is also low income
- Obtaining Military Records
- Obtaining Military Awards/Decorations
- Grave Registrations
- Homeless Veterans Programs
- Liaison between veterans organizations
- Speaking Engagements for Organizations