The Civil Process Unit of the Eau Claire County Sheriff’s Office serves legal documents throughout the county, performs evictions, and enforces the orders of the court.

We cannot serve your papers unless you provide a current physical address for the person to be served. To more effectively assist you in serving your papers, further information about the person(s) to be served (such as work addresses, a physical description (if you have one), phone numbers, and vehicle information) are helpful.  We require a full set of paperwork to serve upon each person, plus a copy of the front page of the papers that we will attach to the affidavit that is returned to you. Be sure to include your contact information – including a complete mailing address and phone number.  The fee is $100 per person being served, pre-paid; cash, checks or money order (made payable to Eau Claire County)

Papers to Serve form (recommended but not necessary)

Mail documents to:
Eau Claire County Sheriff's Office
Attn: Civil Process
721 Oxford Avenue Suite 1400
Eau Claire, WI 54703



As of January 2013, Eau Claire County requires prepayment for service of papers. The County Board set the fees at $100, which shall be prepaid and non-refundable, for each defendant or person. This initial fee covers three attempts of service. The sheriff shall charge a $100 fee, which shall be prepaid and non-refundable for each additional service attempt requested. The fees for the seizure of property or an eviction, shall be as follows; the sheriff shall provide an estimated bill, which shall be prepaid prior to performing the seizure or eviction. When a deputy stand-by is required, there may be a charge per hour for the deputy’s time.



When a deputy stand-by is required, there may be a charge per hour for the deputy’s time. Example of a standby would be when persons are evicted and a moving company is removing property; a deputy would stand-by to maintain order, but not to actively assist in the moving of the property, etc.  The Sheriff will also do standbys for court ordered no-contacts, when the person needs to collect personal property only (clothing and prescriptions) from a residence.  There is no charge for this.

Call 715-839-5160 for more information.