ITEMS THAT CAN BE BROUGHT INTO JAIL FOR INMATES
All items MUST be in new and in the original packaging. Items should have the plastic tag that holds items together intact.
Plan White crew neck short sleeve t-shirts - NO v-necks, NO pockets
Socks - any color or style
Underwear - cannot have buttons, zippers or strings
Thermal Underwear - white or off-white waffle type (tops and bottoms)
1 pair eyeglasses or contacts
Medications - prescription only
We do not accept packages from Amazon for inmates
Any mail must be sent to the inmate via the United States Postal Service. We will not allow any mail or correspondence to be dropped off for an inmate.
By recommendation of the U.S. Postal Service and for the safety and security of the facility, all incoming mail must have a complete return address. Any incoming mail that does not have a full return address will be marked as unauthorized mail and returned to the sender/Post Office.
Mail must be addressed as follows:
Inmates full Name
Eau Claire County Jail
710 Second Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54703
- Incoming and outgoing inmate mail is searched
- Money may be mailed to an inmate via money order, made out to "inmate's name". Only one money order will be accepted per inmate per week, with the value not to exceed $50.00. Personal checks are not accepted. The jail will not be held responsible for cash sent through the USPS.
- Newspapers, magazines, and books (soft-cover only) must be sent directly from a bookstore or publisher, and not contain staples.
- Packages will be allowed with prior approval from jail staff.
- Mail without a complete return address (including name), mail deemed a security risk, or mail containing contraband will be logged as undeliverable and destroyed.
Upon being booked into the jail, each inmate is set up with an account allowing them to use their own funds to purchase commissary items, stamps, phone cards, and other necessities.
JAIL STAFF WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING ANY MONIES FROM THE PUBLIC IN THE JAIL
- Money can be deposited for an inmate into the public kiosk in the lobby of the Eau Claire County Jail.
- Money can be placed into an inmates account online at http://www.inmatecanteen.com/. InmateCanteen.com has credit card limits on both inmate accounts and individuals credit cards. Neither item can exceed $500 in credit card transactions per rolling 30 days. This applies to ALL who deposit with a credit or debit card. This means that as previous deposits/transactions age past the 30 day mark those funds will become available again. This is non-negotiable.
- Money may be mailed to an inmate via money order, or payroll check. Money orders cannot exceed $50.00 and we will only accept one per week per inmate. The jail will not be held responsible for cash sent through the USPS.
If an inmate has a debt with the Eau Claire County Jail, money deposited into their account may be used to reduce or repay their debt.