Welcome to the County Treasurer Department homepage
Our mission is to provide the most effective, efficient and accountable administration of all financial and tax collection activities for the County taxpayers.
Services we provide include:
- Calculates, creates, collects and settles real estate and personal property taxes for 18 municipalities
- Disburse county payable and payroll checks
- Receipts money received by all county departments
- Investment of county short-term and long-term funds
- Filing all monthly State reports to include: Real estate transfer fees, children's trust fund and Register in Probate fees, Clerk of Court fees and Wisconsin land information fees.
First installment payments are due by January 31st. Second installment payments due by July 31st. Failure to pay the first installment by January 31st will cause the entire remaining balance to become delinquent as of February 1st. You will not have the second installment option.
Failure to pay the second installment by July 31st will the cause the remaining balance to become delinquent as of February 1st. Interest of 1% and penalty of 0.5% will increase the first day of each month until paid in full if you miss either due date.
Please note City of Eau Claire; City of Altoona; and the Town of Ludington; pay both installments to the Eau Claire County Treasurer. All other municipalities, please pay your 1st installment to your local treasurer and the 2nd installment to Eau Claire County.
PROPERTY TAX INFORMATION/PARCEL LOOK-UP this link takes you to our WGXtreme website
Glenda J. Lyons