The Committee on Planning & Development shall be responsible to the county board for the departmental policy and oversight of the offices of:
Planning & Development and Register of Deeds
- Oversee the administration of authorized department functions in Chapters 2.44 and 15.01 and Titles 17 and 18, and exercise the committee duties prescribed therein.
- Oversee enforcement of the provisions of Titles 17 and 18 and Chapter 8.12; examine and report to the board on all petitions for or proposed amendments to any of the provisions thereof.
- Recommend to the board the approval of the annual county surveying program and oversee the execution thereof.
- Act as the board liaison with and act on matters pertaining to the West Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission and any boards or commissions attached to the department for administrative purposes.
- Report on all matters relating to town boundaries, municipal annexation studies under 2.44.015 C., and amendments to Chapter 1.08.
- Report on all matters regarding municipal annexation or detachment of county-owned lands and easements on or over county-owned lands.
- Oversee county industrial development planning and promotion matters.
- Oversee or report on county library service matters.
- Oversee the county recycling program and the administration of subtitle III of Title 12 of the code and shall seek federal and state funding for recycling.
Gary Gibson, Chair
Robin Leary, Vice Chair
Committee Clerk : Rodney Eslinger
The typical meeting schedule for the Committee on Planning & Development is the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month from April - September, and the 4th Tuesday of the month from October - March.
This notice is being supplied to satisfy §59.69(5)(f) Wis. Statutes and §66.1001(4)(f) Wis. Statutes.
Eau Claire County shall maintain a list of persons who submit a written or electronic request to receive notice of any proposed ordinance or amendment that affects the allowable use of the property owner by that person. This list shall be updated at least annually.
Such requested notice shall be by mail or in any reasonable form that is agreed to by the person and the county, including electronic mail, voice mail, or text message. The county may charge each person on the list who receives a notice by 1st class mail a fee that does not exceed the approximate cost of providing the notice to the person.
Requests for inclusion on said list shall be made to the Office of Planning & Development by electronic or written mail to 721 Oxford Avenue, Room 3344; Eau Claire, WI 54703.